Your attendance procedure
Thank you for making an appointment to come and see us.
You should hopefully have spoken to a staff member who will have decided that it is in your best interest to attend the surgery and have face to face contact with our team.
We want to keep everybody safe and minimize risk during this visit so we have carefully thought through a pathway that will optimize your and the dental team`s safety.
Can you please take a moment and read the recommendations below relating to your journey and attendance at the practice and reassure yourself that you are familiar with the advice and requirements below?
- Please use the toilet before attending the practice, our toilet will be closed for general use.
- Please only bring minimal belongings into the practice with you.
- You should attend alone wherever possible or with one other person if absolutely necessary, ideally form the same household. It is very important that inform the practice if another person is accompanying you as they too will need to be screened, etc.
- Please only enter the building when summoned by RINGING THE BELL, WE WILL ONLY OPEN THE DOOR WHEN WE ARE FULLY READY FOR YOU WITH ALL OUR PPE ON.
- You will be screened using the standard COVID-19 screening questions and if in Category 1 you will be referred to an appropriate center (if it is an emergency) or advised to self-isolate.
- You will be met by a team member at the door wearing appropriate PPE who will take your temperature.
- All your belongings should be placed in a plastic container provided inside the door, which will be disinfected after use.
- You must use the hand sanitizer and put on a disposable mask when entering the building from the PPE station inside the front door.
- If necessary, please comply with the social distancing markers at reception etc.
- Please be mindful of “respiratory etiquette” i.e.,” Catch it, Bin it, kill it”- in other words if you need to sneeze, cough etc. to do so into a tissue (Catch it), to dispose of the tissue (Bin it) and to then use hand Sanitizer (Kill it)
- You will be escorted directly into the surgery.
- Once entering the surgery, you will be asked to retain your face mask until the end of the appointment.
- At the end of treatment, you should leave the room promptly, dispose of PPE in a clinical waste bin and perform hand sanitization using alcohol gel placed outside the door.
- Payment will be taken after your dental appointment.
- You can then collect your belongings from the designated area in waiting room, and will escorted to the practice exit
Please do not feel you have to memorize all of the above, it`s just to familiarize you with your journey ahead. Don’t forget it’s just us behind the PPE!
Thank you for your patience and understanding
Let`s work together and let`s keep safe.